Queensland’s Gallery of Modern Art has kicked-off the new year with another impressive retrospective film program that will have banana benders salivating and the rest of us wishing we lived closer to the sunshine state.
Dubbed ‘Myths and Legends’, the program - which will screen over 50 films from January 9 through to March 8 - features everything from classic mythology (Jason and the Argonauts, the original Clash of the Titans), ghost stories (Japanese classics such as Kuroneko and Kwaidan as well as more contemporary horror films like The Babadook), Sci-fi (Aliens, The Terminator) and myths in modern times (Mad Max).
For the full program please visit the GOMA website.
Courtesy of GOMA, Digital Retribution has ten double passes to give away, so you and your friends can catch some of your favourite films throughout the season.
Celebrating the world of heroic deeds, epic journeys and sacred stories, ‘Myths and Legends’ is a companion program to 2014’s ‘Fairytales and Fables’. It continues to explore the powerful relationships between classic folklore and modern cinematic storytelling, incorporating renditions and reinterpretations of classic tales, as well as contemporary accounts that translate mythic metaphors into unexpected genres, such as film noir, science fiction, adventure, drama, romance, comedy and the western.
For your chance to win 1 of 10 double passes, simply fill in the form below and hit "Submit". Entries close at 6pm (Australian Eastern Time) on February 8. Good luck!
* Digital Retribution respects the privacy of its readers. No personal information submitted on this page will be given or sold to any third party organisations.
Terms & Conditions
1. Giveaway is open only to Australian residents aged 18 years and over.
2. Winners will be notified by email and announced on the Digital Retribution website.
3. Only one entry per person is permitted.
4. No correspondence will be entered into regarding the selection of winners.
5. While the utmost of care is taken to ensure winners receive their prizes, Digital Retribution and the promoters of this giveaway will not accept responsibility for any delay, loss or damage to prizes sent to winners.